Home: 3d Beading: Figures (People and Animals):
3D beading

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Dec 7, 2003, 9:27 AM

3D beading Can't Post

Hello,

I've been asked recently about 3D figures (people and animals).

The Beadwork article showed how to use odds and ends beads to make cute figures. These figures are great for adding to your gift wrap. They are inexpensive, very cute, and will be sure to decorate the recipients home for a long time to come! They are more fun and interesting than the plastic ornaments or snowflakes so often used (and cliche'd).

I had mentioned on one forum a pamphlet/book with 3D figures in it. It used mostly the tri-beads to create the arms and legs, and a variety of beads to create the bodies. I may have 1 or two more copies of that in stock. It was a close out, and I don't know if it's still in publication or not, but I doubt it.

There are also several books by Leisure Arts or Design Originals (I can't remember which, and I don't have them at hand) with 3D critters in them.

I had a two-needle plan for an aligator at one point, but I have not been able to locate it. It was made with rocalle beads, and was intended as an earring.

There are a number of sites on the Internet that have 3D beaded animals and designs, but none I have found have plans. They seem to be one-of-a-kind creations, and a labor of trial and error.

There are a few sites with some 3d hearts or crosses, but the design of those is fairly simple once you get the right beads, and visualize the concept. The Interweave book on Beaded Beads is a great place to find some ideas for 3D shapes. You can combine the modules and parts into other creations. There are ideas for bodies, for legs, for heads and crowns, etc.

http://icandream.com/ has some patterns for beaded fashion dolls, but they are 2D.

We also run http://BeadieCritters.com which has about 1000 patterns for pony beads, but most can be adapted to smaller beads, or using wire rather than string. They are not 3D, but might be a stepping off point.

(We are in the process of trying to get it converted over to database format).

Kathi

Re: [pugdog] 3D beading [In reply to] Can't Post

Here is another view of the Peacock adn a picture of the half finished Rooster.

Kathi
Attachments: Rooster unfinished.jpg (19.4 KB)

Kathi

Re: [Kathi] 3D beading [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,
Here is a view of the Complete Peacock see attachment below
There is also another wonderful 3D stule of beading. Beads and wire equal Trees! Here is a link for that group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WireTrees/join
here is a link for Bead and Buttons FREE 3D Beaded Ballerina Bear
http://www.beadandbutton.com/bnb/default.aspx?c=a&id=943
Attachments: Peacock on Scanner glassRESIZED.jpg (7.74 KB)

Virginia Sims

Re: [pugdog] 3D beading [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Pugdog,

I have quite a few 3d patterns of animals if you would like copies e-mail me. here is the best part. They are in English. I have found tons of Japanese and Russian books on 3d people and animals. Not many in English.

There is one English book by Sig something. I will remember the full name as soon as I sign off from the Forum I am sure. Smile!

I am new to beading and just found your great site. Love it, will frequent often. Thanks for the work you put in for us all! I know it is alot of work for you. We all appreciate it!

Back to 3d beading. Although I have all these great patterns my skill is not up to par. I can not figure out if I am suppose to bead the top and the bottom simultaneously or solo and attach later. I have been through ten lbs. of wire and made one elephant trunk. I will say on my behalf the trunk looks marvelous. LOL

All tips and advice anyone has is greatly needed and appreciated. The instruction books I have been finding assume I know the lingo. I am a true newbie and know nadda. I mean nothing. I ordered sead beads when I needed delica's. I figured that out after a waste of a few dollars. One book I have says and I quote This pin is easy to make. Set up rows one and two then follow the pattern. They do not say how to do rows one and two. Smile! Instructions like that are driving me crazy. I can have blonde moments at times but I am not an idiot. I feel like one when it comes to beading. Either the instructions are assuming newbies know certain basics or I am getting senile. I am in my 30's I suppose it could happen.

I am panhandling for any pamphlets, instructions or advice you have on the very beginning basics.

The patterns I have to share with you are.

Elephant, Spider, Pig, Snake, Whale, Mouse, Fish, Penguin, Scorpian or maybe it is a crab. lol

They are not cheesy at all. Very very good looking projects. Highly detailed. You would do fine, if you have some experience. I would rate them as difficult. Keep in mind. I am the one ordering wrong bead size. lol They are very pretty. I want to be able to make them so bad. They are the coolest 3 dimensional mini's I have ever seen. Whoever takes the pattern does have to show off your great results with a picture here for us all.

Good Day Everyone!

Virginia

clrbarnlady
New User

May 29, 2004, 5:51 PM

Re: [Virginia Sims] 3D beading [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Virginia

I have that book it's by Sigrid wynne-Evans and I found some of her patterns hard to follow at firstbut play with them a while and you'll catch on. You can e-mail me directly and if I can help you with any problems you're having I will. My e-mail is clrbarnlady@yahoo.ca but please put something in the subject line to identify yourself to me, like 3-D beading question or some such thing.

Cathy

Re: [Virginia Sims] 3D beading [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

I'm interested :)

Been working hard to get the store reorganized, and handling the new higher volume. It's a lot of work getting shipments ready to put up -- if only the manufacturers would leave a little extra string on the ends of strands :(

Lilian

Re: [Virginia Sims] 3D beading [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear Virginia,
I read you letter on the website, and I was wondering if you could please email me some of your patterns. I live in South Africa and it is difficult to find patterns for beading in this country

schulz@telkomsa.net
Many thanks
Lilian Schulz

Re: [Virginia Sims] 3D beading [In reply to] Can't Post

We'd all love to see these patterns....

And for those who may not know, if you install the Alta Vista tool bar (yes, another screen cluttering device) it gives a direct link to Bable Fish, which will interpret/translate any page on the net pretty darn quick, and usually just readable enough to make sense of it.

So, all those japanese and french pages become almost readable -- but are definitely understandable.

You can access bablefish without the toolbar, but the toolbar really makes it much, much easier.

bolhica

Re: [Virginia Sims] 3D beading [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello,

I'm very suprised to hear that somebody has 3d patterns of animals. I've been looking for them for some time, but I haven't found anythig usefull. I live in Slovenia, Europe, and these things are very difficult to get in our country. So I'll be very happy if you could send me your patterns.

My e-mail: lkrizancic@yahoo.com

Many, many thanks.

Fiona

Re: [Virginia Sims] 3D beading [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear Virgina

I love to have the copies of 3d beadworks which you told us in the message. I don't mind even they are in japanese as long as they have picture instructions. My email address is songngoai@yahoo.com. Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you very much

FionaWink

labish
New User

Dec 4, 2004, 12:08 AM

Re: [Virginia Sims] 3D beading [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Virginia

I too am a newby to beading and I am hooked on 3d animals and would be grateful for links/patterns. Many thanks,

Regards

Lynda (lynda@winxhouse.com)

bootyquake
New User

Feb 28, 2005, 12:56 PM

Re: [labish] 3D beading [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, another newbie here. Anyone know anything about this book: Beaded Animals in Jewelry, by Letty Lammens? It's got one good review on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0864176538/qid=1109622991/sr=8-4/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i4_xgl14/104-0585067-8453523?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

SweetAna
New User

Mar 7, 2005, 8:11 AM

Re: [Virginia Sims] 3D beading [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello Virginia!
I also read your letter on the website, and I was wondering if you could email me some of your patterns. I only find patterns in french and I'm not very in french! And, by the way, if you have patterns in other language, but with picture instructions I would love it if you could send me!
My email is anasofia@email.it.

Thanks!

BeadShark
Novice

May 4, 2005, 9:36 PM

Re: [SweetAna] 3D beading [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, I am new here, and I read your thread on 3-D beading. We have several 3-D bead patterns on our website. You can see them here: http://www.uniquebeadedjewelry.com/...rns/a3dpatterns.html

Hope this helps.

Happy Beading!

BeadShark
Visit our website at http://www.uniquebeadedjewelry.com/

Re: [BeadShark] 3D beading [In reply to] Can't Post

I've seen your hummingbird patterns before. Very nice.

I looked around your site, and see you have a giraffe pattern! My youngest is nuts about giraffes, and we can't figure out why. But she's an odd child to begin with ;) She'd be at home in the 60's, and it's all just "natural" to her. Makes me think the 60's was partly genetic, not just timing <G>

LoriAnn
New User

Apr 25, 2006, 3:44 AM

Re: [Virginia Sims] 3D beading [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi everyone! I' m new and would love to have the patterns for the beaded animals if possible. Thanks!!

LoriAnn

Loriamichaelr@aol.com

KrystynP
New User

Apr 26, 2006, 12:32 PM

Re: [Virginia Sims] 3D beading [In reply to] Can't Post

Could you send me patterns for the 3d animals as well? I'm still pretty new to beading, and I would sure appreciate any tips.

KrystynP
krystyn@wayne.edu

cybrangel

Re: [Virginia Sims] 3D beading [In reply to] Can't Post

I WOULD ALSO LIKE THESE BEAD PATTERNS IF SOMEONE CAN SHARE WITH ME MY ADDRESS IS CYBRANGEL801@GMAIL.COM i HAVE BEEN SEARCHING FOR THESE FOR A LONG TIMESmile
CONNIE

lilwanderer

Re: [Virginia Sims] 3D beading [In reply to] Can't Post

Heya all :) if anyone has 3d beading patterns they could spare, especially those of animals, i would love to have them.

my email is dragonjc88@yahoo.com.sg

thanks alot!

noone

Re: [pugdog] 3D beading [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello,
I've just seen a site that has 3d beaded objects. They've got oranges, crocodiles, bees, chickens to name but a few. I think they are based in Bournemouth, England though...might be able to help you!!! The site is www.iwantbeads.com I hope this helps.

kaisjewels

Re: [pugdog] 3D beading [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile I would love any 3D beaded patterns anyone could send me- I recently made some cute little spiders and a dragonfly but would love anything anyone could send to me! thanks so much- Paula

kaisjewels

Re: [Kathi] 3D beading [In reply to] Can't Post

SmileHey everyone- I got some great sites for 3D stuff!
http://allaboutbeading.com/...sub_pages&cat=78

And!
http://allaboutbeading.com/...=sub_pages&cat=5

yippee! I seem to be finding loads now- I am going to put them up on my site when I get them all together-
www.kaisjewels.com

If anyone wants to email me for the list as I compile it- feel free!
Paula
kaisjewels@yahoo.com

Pa. Nancy
Novice

Jul 12, 2006, 1:23 PM

Re: [kaisjewels] 3D beading [In reply to] Can't Post

BEADSHARK.......... I absolutely LOVE that Hummingbird, I even have the pattern. I would give my right arm to be able to make it. But it's WAAAAAAAAAY over my head. :( :( :( I have a LOT of patterns that are way over my head. LOL Congrats on such beautiful work.

monii_bear
New User

May 7, 2007, 1:43 PM

Re: [Pa. Nancy] 3D beading [In reply to] Can't Post

does anyone know any websites with free instructions on how to make 3D beaded animals?

I cant find anyFrown

dmkb_18

Re: [monii_bear] 3D beading [In reply to] Can't Post

hi!i wanna ask does anyone have copies of patterns on how to make 3d beaded animals...it is so hard to find books about this here in metro manila,philippines..hope u guyz can help me..thanxSmile

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All